How Does the Exemption Benefit The Homebuyer?
- Homestead exemption protect a portion of their home’s value from taxation, lowering their taxes.
- Additional exemptions are available for owners aged 65 or older or who are disabled.
- To qualify, the homeowner must be an individual, not a business, and use the home as their primary residence.
- Homeowners must submit an Application for Residential Homestead Exemption and supporting documentation to the appraisal district in the county where the property is located.
- Other exemptions may also be offered from cities and special districts.